Providence Health & Services LPN - Emergency Services in Olympia, Washington
Providence is calling a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (0.9 FTE, Variable) to Emergency Services at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
An Emergency Center Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides practical nursing functions, bedside care, respiratory care, phlebotomy, splinting, and patient teaching in a fast paced episodic setting. An EC LPN requires the ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks. This work is done under the direction of an RN or EC Provider.
In this position you will:
• Utilizes the assigned ESI triage level to assist in determining the patient’s plan of care, frequency of assessments/re-assessments.
• Independently, collects and documents routine assessment data used to modify and adjust plans of care.
• Provides nursing care in collaboration with the Provider and/or RN.
• Inserts, monitors and trouble shoots peripheral intravenous lines.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Graduate of an approved Practical Nurse Program.
• Experience in an emergency department or fast paced clinic setting.
• Ability to respond to visual and auditory alarms and intercoms.
• Current Washington State Licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support Class (ACLS).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Familiarity with computerized documentation is preferred.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: LPN / LVN
Req ID: 181281